Friday, February 10, 2012

Magic the Gathering Online - Return to Nerdism

Ok so a mate of mine has started playing MTGO and of course he has to post about it on that social media site that rules the world. Gets me thinking, "Hey I'm pretty sure I have an account for that lying around." Low and behold I do the silliest thing in the world.... I go to wizards.com and download the client. After a few attempts at remembering the password I'm in and playing again. Now let me list how this week went. We need to go back to the beginning so here it is condensed:

  • Monday 30/01: Facebook -Vyxanis Tirios I've beaten Adrian twice now at Magic, and both those times were bullshit lucky xD 
  • Tuesday 01/02: Client download. Wow time: 5 hours MTGO time: 1 hour Bed: 12am
  • Wednesday 02/02: Wow time: 2 hours MTGO time: 3 hours Bed: 12am
  • Thursday 03/02: Wow time 20 minutes MTGO time: 7 hours Bed: Fucking late
  • 04/02 to now: Repeat Thursday! 
To be perfectly honest this is the first time I have not been on there since I started playing again. Loving pauper format, really fits in a lot of games without doing an Adrian and spending $$$$$ on decks.

OK so the up side of this escapade is that my boredom levels are at 0 all the time. Between work and home I am pretty much fulfilled mentally 100% of the time. The downside to this is that I feel like Deanne is getting the bum end of the stick. Starting tomorrow (I'd start today but she is already sleeping) I am going to try to implement some time constraints on Internet/gaming in general so I can dedicate some more time to home and girlfriend. Its very easy to slide back into the single gamer lifestyle with plates, glasses and empty cans littering the desk and I really think that 10 minutes of, "Hi baby, OK I'm going to jump on the net" doesn't really equate to a balanced lifestyle between Gaming and Girl. :P

Anyways Im out to go to bed play some magic!

No comments:

Post a Comment